[keycloak-user] Backward-Compatibility of keycloak-admin-client-x.x.x.jar?

Marko Strukelj mstrukel at redhat.com
Wed Jan 10 10:12:25 EST 2018

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 1:30 PM, SW <noircc at gmail.com> wrote:

> First question:
>
> 1) Who is keeping the keycloak-admin-client-x.x.x.jar uptodate?

Keycloak admin client is a part of Keycloak code base so it's maintained by
Keycloak project developers.

> 2) If a new version of keycloak is arriving will there ever be a new
> version
> of keycloak-admin-client.jar?

 With every new release of Keycloak the keycloak-admin-client is
incremented to the new version. It is constantly maintained.

3) Can the newest keycloak-admin-client communicate with older versions of
> keycloak?

In principle it should work with the same major version of the server - so
minor version releases should not break it (in principle). But I think
there have been cases where we made changes that broke that, and I don't
think we have the tests to make sure that it works. Thus it's best to test
your clients with new version against older server before upgrading.