[keycloak-user] adding realm level configuration parameter

Dmitry Telegin mitya at cargosoft.ru
Mon Jan 22 15:20:40 EST 2018

Hi Ori,
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer.
>

> 1)
> I assume that ‘realm_attribute’ table has no control from the Web UI
> admin console. Does it?

Upon introduction of realm attributes, we were discussing such an
option, see comments here: https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/pull/31
53That time we didn't come up with any conclusion if the GUI were
indeed necessary; another consideration was the introduction of
components, which I thought would have replaced realm attributes one
day. However I think the component system has a bit different scope;
this also might be of some interest for you, take a look at
org.keycloak.component package in the keycloak-server-spi module.

> 2)
> How did you implement the global configurqation?

I've roughly outlined it in my posting to keycloak-dev: http://lists.jb
oss.org/pipermail/keycloak-dev/2017-December/010261.htmlIn a few words,
there will be a ConfigurationProvider to configure and expose
Configuration instance to providers. This will be implemented with
Apache Commons Configuration, backed by a database table and proxied
with Infinispan to provide clustering support. BTW this component will
be opensourced (tentatively, by mid-February).
Cheers,Dmitry