[keycloak-user] Keycloak 3.4.3, custom SPI deployment: noclassdef-error caused by ClassNotFoundException when trying to call LDAPStorageProvider

Dominik Guhr pinguwien at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 10:12:13 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

sorry for spamming, but I have another problem here:

I am using maven to deploy my jar-file to keycloak 3.4.3.

I added the dependencies for kerberos and ldap federation like this
(with and without scope provided):

<dependency>
     <groupId>org.keycloak</groupId>
     <artifactId>keycloak-kerberos-federation</artifactId>
     <version>3.4.3.Final</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
     <groupId>org.keycloak</groupId>
     <artifactId>keycloak-ldap-federation</artifactId>
     <version>3.4.3.Final</version>
</dependency>

In my IDE I can call the Classes in Question, e.g. LDAPStorageProvider,
but when the jar is successfully deployed to keycloak, I get the
following exception when my method is called:

...Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.keycloak.storage.ldap.LDAPStorageProvider from [Module
"deployment.ldap-authenticator.jar" from Service Module Loader]

I looked in modules/...keycloak/ and saw all jars lying there in version
3.4.3.Final, I even looked inside with jar -tf, and the class in
question is provided. As said, I tried to use scope provided and no
scope, without effect.

Apart from that, I changed the module.xml for the private jars by
removing the private part from them and restarting the kc server, but
without any effect.

At this link u can see the build-definition of my pom.xml:

https://pastebin.com/xgHdSGFa

So, am I missing something? Hope anyone could help me out here. :/