[keycloak-user] Enabling Identity provider alone

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 07:15:35 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 5:49 PM, Dmitry Telegin <dt at acutus.pro> wrote:

> Hi Madhu,
>
> On Mon, 2018-07-02 at 11:42 +0000, Madhu wrote:
>
> > Agree with you that disabling in Admin console ui, will not be  a
> > great idea,  is there any standard practice /documentation for
> > selectively restricting rest apis?
>
> Not that I know of unfortunately. Access control to most APIs is role-
> based, and the only way to restrict access is to not to grant
> particular role to a user.
>
> I was thinking about enabling authorization on security-admin-console
> client, but my straightforward attempt failed - simply turning on
> authorization results in an infinite loop and tons of 500 Internal
> Server Errors. Our authorization guru is Pedro Igor Silva, I hope he
> sheds some light on the situation.

I was able to reproduce the issue. It happens because when obtaining client
config for admin console, the client manager is not properly initialized.
Created https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-7763.

Regarding enabling authz on security-admin-console. This won't work because
we also need changes to admin console/apis to enforce permission. I've
replied to another thread about fine-grained permissions in admin console
and rest apis. We are still using roles and we also lack specific
permissions for some parts of admin console/apis. That is something we are
planing to review and improve in the future.