[keycloak-user] How to configure keycloak for native application mobile

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Tue Jul 10 06:53:59 EDT 2018

Hi Christophe,

Basically, there are two options here:

- implement a native login form inside your mobile app and use direct
grant flow. Simply said, this will allow you to POST username +
password to an URL inside Keycloak and obtain access token that you'll
later use to access REST services secured by Keycloak;
- embed a browser widget, let the user authenticate interactively via
Keycloak login screen, obtain a token upon successful login, use token
to access REST services.

Important: in the first scenario, you'll need to know beforehand what
kind of credentials are required by Keycloak (is it username+password,
or username+password+otp etc.) With the second approach, you won't need
to bother as everything will be handled by Keycloak's login UI.

Cheers,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+ 42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro