[keycloak-user] How to keep users from updating their account details in admin client?

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Tue Jul 10 07:59:55 EDT 2018

Hi Torsten,

AFAIK this cannot be done out of the box. However, per [1],

> At the moment there are two roles associated with the account
> application:
>
> * view-profile - retrive the user profile (produces json)
> * manage-account - management the account (produces html, and
> consumes forms)

(there's also manage-account-links now, but this is not important here)

Thus, you can revoke manage-account (but let view-profile) and create
your own profile page that would retrieve JSON and render it the way
you like.

[1] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-dev/2013-November/000678.
html

Cheers,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro