[keycloak-user] Keycloak - NGINX - ASP.NET Core - Cookie Authentication Fails

Benjamin Parrish benjamin.d.parrish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:01:24 EDT 2018

I am having issues getting my cookie authentication with ASP.NET <http://asp.net/> Core 2.0 to cooperate.  I am using a NGINX reverse proxy.  I can connect my web application to keycloak with an implicit flow, but I get a 401 (Unauthorized) response when logging in.  If I move the application outside of the reverse proxy it works fine.  See this for a slew of conversation that I already had https://github.com/aspnet/Security/issues/1808#issuecomment-404275299 <https://github.com/aspnet/Security/issues/1808#issuecomment-404275299>.