[keycloak-user] Questions about Keycloak UMA 2.0 implementation

Francisco José Bermejo Herrera francisco.bermejo.herrera at tecsisa.com
Fri Jul 13 04:17:29 EDT 2018

If Keycloak behavior is changed according to your proposal described in
your previous message, then there shouldn't be any problem with authz
requests in our model.

It is true that the scopes described in our example are a bit
misleading. Think about something like READ and READ-PREMIUM instead,
used at a GET endpoint, and the Resource Server just checks whether one
of these scopes is contained in the RPT, returning a ticket with READ
and READ-PREMIUM when none of them has been provided. When the Client
requests the new RPT by using the ticket, Keycloak would return a RPT
including either READ or READ-PREMIUM, or 403 Forbidden.

As I said before, this is perfectly aligned with the new Keycloak
behavior.