[keycloak-user] Authorization resource SPI

Corentin Dupont corentin.dupont at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 04:19:11 EDT 2018

Hi,
is it possible to implement a resource SPI? The idea would be to let an
external database to manage Keycloak resources.

I currently manage my resources in two databases: Keycloak for properties
such as owner and visibility; and a regular Mongo for the rest of
properties relative to my business (think location, sensor values etc.).

However, having resource split over two databases becomes more and more
awkward.
I have to keep them always in sync, for example creating and deleting the
resource in both location. It becomes even more complicated when something
fails on one database (such as 409 Conflict): I have to undo what was done
on the other DB.

So it would be best to avoid duplication of data and manage everything in
the Mongo external database. Is it possible?

Cheers