[keycloak-user] SAML2.0: support for SessionNotOnOrAfter

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Sun Jul 22 21:48:01 EDT 2018

Hi Leonid,

Grepping the Keycloak code shows that it does "know" about
SessionNotOnOrAfter, that means is able to parse it from XML and
get/set the value in the model. But that's all, Keycloak doesn't
actually manipulate this attribute in any way. Seems like bug / missing
feature to me, but let's see what the Keycloak devs say.

Meanwhile, you could implement a custom ProtocolMapper to populate the
SessionNotOnOrAfter attribute. (This could have been even easier had
the script mapper existed for SAML, see KEYCLOAK-5520)

Cheers,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro