[keycloak-user] Problem while getting users

Cedric Vidaillac cedric.vidaillac at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 12:36:52 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying things with the admin CLI, I want to get all users that have a
specified role,

So I'm using this :

GET /{realm}/clients/{id}/roles/{role-name}/users

Then, we decided it was really easier to manage users by assigning them to
a default group, then assigning roles to my default group... than assigning
 roles for each users everytime...

So when I lookup any user now, on the "role mapping" tab, I can see the
desired role on the "*Effective Roles*" column, good.

However, the API above only return users which have the role in the "Assigned
Roles", even though my user have the role through the group.

So I this normal or is it a bug ?
As the goal of the API is to " Return List of Users that have the specified
role name" I'd say it's a bug, but maybe I'm not seeing clear.

Thanks for reading.

Cedric.