[keycloak-user] Will Keycloak scale to handle hundreads of LDAP integrations?

Filipe Abrahao lfa at doodle.com
Thu Jun 14 08:30:00 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I work at Doodle, an online platform to help people to schedule meetings
and social events, we have around 28m people that use our product every
month and we are in the process of splitting our monolith.

We have been experimenting with Keycloak as our auth service, and so far we
are pretty happy with it, we just making sure it fulfils all our
requirements, but we have one that we are not sure if it would work with
Keycloak:

Some of our bigger users, like universities and big corporations require to
manage their users via LDAP. We know that Keycloak can integrate with LDAP.
But my question is if creating one LDAP configuration for each client is
the right way to do it.

If we have to configure one LDAP integration for each client that requires
it, we potentially will end-up with hundreds (perhaps thousands) of them.
Will it scale? Will Keycloak be able to handle that?

many thanks,
Filipe A