[keycloak-user] Replace username with phone number

Ahmed Ossama ahmed at aossama.com
Sat Jun 16 16:59:57 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Keycloak and I am considering using it in a project. However
I've been playing with Keycloak for a bit and cannot seem to find out a
specific need for the project. The need is to signup and make the phone
number of a user to be the user identified instead of the username.

What I did was: created an empty realm, exported it, then modified the
properties using username to be phonenumber, and imported it again. Then
created a new theme based on the basic theme and changed username to be
phonenumber. But it wasn't enough and in the UI there was a lot of
reference to username.

So I was wondering if this is possible or not, and if possible how can I
achieve it?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,