[keycloak-user] How to associate roles to users based on client

valsaraj pv valsarajpv at gmail.com
Thu May 10 04:43:06 EDT 2018

Hi,

I would like to know how to associate roles to users based on client. For
example, if we have 2 client applications using a Keycloak server. Both the
applications have their set of users which are synced into Keyclock. All
users are shown together under Users page of KC. Similarly we can load
roles also. I wonder how to associate these application (client) specific
roles to only the users related to that client?

What currently I do is select user and go to Role Mappongs & choose Client
Roles & then set from available roles. I am looking for something like auto
sync for user which also does this role mapping as well.
Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Valsaraj Viswanathan