[keycloak-user] Writing new way to login

triton oidc triton.oidc at gmail.com
Wed May 23 05:00:27 EDT 2018

Hi,

in my current scenario, i wish to write a new way for user to login.
I saw an example that seems pretty simple to start with :
PassThroughAuthenticator, the user is hardcoded in the class and it already
implements Authenticator and AuthenticatorFactory

I've been trying to use this example is my keycloak

Looking at the configuration xml, I saw some lines containing spi.
like mentioned in the doc
<https://www.keycloak.org/docs/3.3/server_development/topics/providers.html>

I guess i need to put the PROVIDER_ID  ("testsuite-dummy-passthrough" in my
example)
somewhere in the XML, then it will appear in the UI in Authentication /
flow / execution / Provider

I tried this, but it's not showing in the UI after a restart
           <spi name="dummy-login">

<default-provider>testsuite-dummy-passthrough</default-provider>
                <provider name="default" enabled="true"/>
            </spi>

1) am i looking in the right direction for filling the XML, or did i miss
any step
2) am i looking in the correct menu in the UI

Thanks for any help

I'll keep trying in the meantime

Amaury