[keycloak-user] User Federation (OpenLDAP) - User's Group Membership empty

Indira Chandrabhatta ichandrabhatta at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 18:06:22 EDT 2018

I have a fresh successful installation of keycloak (version Keycloak 4.0.0.Beta1)in a docker environment.
I was able to sync with OpenLDAP server. I can login as an LDAP user without any issues.
I created an LDAP Mapper - (Mapper type group-ldap-mapper). The groups get imported with out any issues. I can see the members of the group when I click on the Groups-->testgroup---> edit --> members.

But I have an issue with the user group membership. When I click on Users --> Groups,  Group Membership is empty. I don't see the LDAP groups automatically assigned to the user even though the user is already a member of a couple of groups in OpenLDAP.

I looked every where possible but could not find a solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Indira