[keycloak-user] Keycloak user session time out

Luis Rodríguez Fernández uo67113 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 03:08:35 EDT 2018

Hello Ashutosh,

Perhaps it would be useful if you could describe your scenario a bit more.
E.g, me I am using the SAML2 java keycloak adapter [1]. In this scenario I
have two sessions, the Service Provider and the Identity Provider one. The
Service Provider is an application deployed in apache-tomcat. If you have
something like this you could think in use [2] and/or [3]. This listeners
can notifiy you when sessions have been activated/deactivated or attributes
changed.

Hope it helps,

Luis

[1] https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/securing_apps/index.html#saml-2
[2]
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/servletapi/javax/servlet/http/HttpSessionAttributeListener.html
[3]
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/servletapi/javax/servlet/http/HttpSessionActivationListener.html

> Maybe you can do it modifying keycloak’s adapter or using with sse,
browser
> notifications or phone notifications (android, iOS...)
>
> El El mié, 23 may. 2018 a las 08:40, Ashutosh Kanthi <
> ashutosh.kanthi at exfo.com> escribió:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We want to implement one functionality with regard to session timeout in
> > keycloak i.e. if session timeout is reaching near, then user should be
> > notified of the same.
> > Does anyone know whether it is possible to do this in Keycloak? And if
is
> > possible then how to do this?
> >
> > Thanks & regards,
> >
> > Ashutosh Kanthi

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."

- Samuel Beckett