[keycloak-user] Backup strategies for Keycloak + Docker?

Rémy Grünblatt remy at grunblatt.org
Sat Nov 3 15:15:22 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm wondering: what are your backup strategies for keycloak?
I plan to use docker and keycloak, and of course I'll be backuping the data.
The backup for the database side is ok: just launching psql in the
container will do it.

But for the keycloak side: do I need any backup? In there,
https://www.keycloak.org/docs/2.5/server_admin/topics/export-import.html,
a method for backuping the « entire database » is mentioned, and I was
wondering if this would be useful in addition of the database
(container) backup.
I thought about modifying the entry point to include this backup (what I
have done), but saving it to a volume is tricky as it seems keycloak is
running with 1000/1000 uid/gid (which is the first non-root user on many
linux distribution…).

Any hints? How do you do it, in your production?

Rémy