[keycloak-user] Restrict access to clients based on Group membership

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Mon Nov 12 01:24:49 EST 2018

Hello Prashant,

Your case seems very similar to this one (please read the whole thread):
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2018-November/016092.html

In your case, however, there is no literal correspondence between client names and group names, so you can't infer one from another. But you can make use of group attributes and place the name(s) of allowed clients there. The rest of the implementation remains roughly the same.

If you don't want to use script authenticator (this has limitations), you can simply map groups to roles in your JWT tokens and then configure client adapters to restrict access to the given role only.

Good luck,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro