[keycloak-user] SSO experience

Ori Doolman Ori.Doolman at amdocs.com
Wed Nov 14 05:36:14 EST 2018

Hi,
I have 2 applications: one is desktop (Windows) and the other one is a web application.
My desktop application performs authentication and login using Keycloak, and getting a JWT Access Token.
My web application is using the Keycloak JS adapter to perform the same.

After I login to my desktop application, is there a way to pass the generated access token to the web application and continue the same session? Or at least have an SSO experience and get another token for the user without the user entering the credentials again?

Maybe I can pass the token and refresh token from desktop application as init parameters to the Keycloak-JS ?
I see the following code is checking if initOptions contains the token:

            function processInit() {
                var callback = parseCallback(window.location.href);

                if (callback) {
                    window.history.replaceState({}, null, callback.newUrl);
                }

                if (callback && callback.valid) {
                    return setupCheckLoginIframe().success(function() {
                        processCallback(callback, initPromise);
                    }).error(function (e) {
                        initPromise.setError();
                    });
                } else if (initOptions) {
                    if (initOptions.token && initOptions.refreshToken) {
                        setToken(initOptions.token, initOptions.refreshToken, initOptions.idToken);

Thanks,

Ori Doolman
Lead Software Architect
Amdocs Optima

[cid:image001.png at 01D2C8DE.BFF33E10]

“Amdocs’ email platform is based on a third-party, worldwide, cloud-based system. Any emails sent to Amdocs will be processed and stored using such system and are accessible by third party providers of such system on a limited basis. Your sending of emails to Amdocs evidences your consent to the use of such system and such processing, storing and access”.