[keycloak-user] Prefill Custom Attribute for User

Louie, Betty Betty.Louie at leidos.com
Wed Nov 21 15:28:37 EST 2018

Hi All,

I’m trying to pass along a value to be set as a custom attribute on the user when they register for a keycloak account. I was trying to implement something along the lines of this http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2018-May/013874.html where the value gets passed along as a query param and I grab the value from the query string and set it as a user attribute in a script. This isn’t reliable because if the registration form doesn’t pass the necessary validation, the page is refreshed and the query parameters are removed from the url.

I was wondering if anyone else has needed to pass along a value to be prefilled on the registration form and how you were able to get around it or if there is another way to keep hold of some value before and after the user registers for an account.

Thanks,
Betty