[keycloak-user] Scalability of Keycloak Access Mgmt system for Self-care users

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Fri Oct 12 17:51:49 EDT 2018

Hi Kedar,

Unfortunately, there isn't much info on Keycloak scalability (well, it does scale, the question is what hardware you'll need to satisfy your requirements).

Public Keycloak benchmarking is something that we at our company have had on our backlog for a long time, but I'm afraid we can't expect results soon.
There is a benchmarking suite for Keycloak [1], however it hasn't been updated for a long time. Maybe it will need to be updated for compatibility with recent Keycloak versions.

After all, you're free to try it and to share the results :) I understand that you probably won't be benchmarking it for 60M users, but lower numbers will allow you to understand the overall scalability law and kind of predict the final h/w requirements for your customer.

[1] https://github.com/rvansa/keycloak-benchmark

Good luck,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro