[keycloak-user] Handling long time running non interactive "sessions" (offline-tokens ?)

keycloak-list at vergien.net keycloak-list at vergien.net
Mon Sep 3 03:23:17 EDT 2018

Hi list,

I wonder how to implement long running non interactive sessions. This is
whats works for me (both ui and data-service use the spring-stack):

  - in the ui the user gets redirected to keycloak on login
  - we pass the access token form the KeycloakSecurtyContext as an
"Authroization" Header to calls to the data-service
  - the data-service validates that token and returns data

What I need extra is:

  - the authorized user starts an action in the ui which access our
"im-export-service"
  - the "im-export-service" starts a long running action using the
data-service
  - this long running action must still run even the user has logged off

I wonder if offline tokens are the right thing to use here? As much as I
understand the docs the offline token must be requested on login - it
can not be created later by the "im-export-service" if its needed?

I hope my problem is clear...

Best wishes

Daniel