[keycloak-user] redirect_uris in registration broken

Matthias Kesternich matthias.kesternich at moneymeets.com
Mon Sep 3 11:22:12 EDT 2018

Hello,

if I perform the following steps, then the redirect_uris that are sent upon registration are just ignored:

1. Register user with redirect_uri=myapp
2. Receive the verification mail
3. Clear your browser cache or switch to another browser. This step is very important!
4. Open the link from the verification mail, see a tab open with the right redirect_uri in the url bar
5. Click the button.
6. Another registration verification tab opens which features redirect_uri=account
7. Click the button
8. Get redirected to the login form with redirect_uri = account
10. Get redirect to the account page instead of myapp .

Is this expected behavior? I also noticed that if you clear your browser cache then keycloak will show an additional screen for verification of the e-mail address plus the login screen. If I don't clear the browser cache I only get one verification screen and I am then redirected to my application.

Should I file a bug report?

Best,
-Matthias