[keycloak-user] connection URL to your LDAP store should be single host?

pkboucher801 at gmail.com pkboucher801 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 17:22:00 EDT 2018

Hi,

Using the LDAP/AD provider, if we set our connection URL to our LDAP store
like this "ldaps://mydomain.local:636" and we have 3 domain controllers,
then we get whichever one DNS says to use when we look up mydomain.local.

Is there any way to get it to fail-over to another one if the first one
fails to respond?

Is it best practice to use the domain name, or should we specify one domain
controller, by IP address, and stick to it (e.g., "ldaps://10.1.2.3:636")?

Thanks!

Regards,

Peter Boucher