[keycloak-user] Read client config at boot time?

kaeff hi at kaeff.net
Thu Sep 27 04:03:43 EDT 2018

Hi folks,

we’re using the jboss/keycloak docker container for local integration testing for an app that’s secured by keycloak. For that, we’re setting up users upon creating the stack through docker-compose.

While we can set up users using environment variables / by means of `add-users-keycloak.json`, we need to use the rest api (i.e. `kcadm.sh create clients` ) to configure a client. Since it requires a running server, we currently can’t do this as part of the docker-compose stack.

Is there a way, or what’s the best way, to pre-load a keycloak instance with a client configuration? Like `add-users-keycloak.json`, but for clients?