[keycloak-user] Realm Admin Console not visible with "manage-users", "view-users" and "query-groups" roles

Jody H j9dy1g at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 07:20:19 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

I got trouble to allow users the permission to access the realm admin
console.
I want some users to be able to add users to groups, but not see any of the
client configuration etc.

I added the roles "manage-users", "view-users" and "query-groups" to a test
user. When logging in with the test user (which I verified is logging in
with the correct user id in the Keycloak logs), I can not access the realm
admin console due to:

"Forbidden
You don't have access to the requested resource."

When I add more privileges, such as "view-realm", then I can access the
realm admin console with that test user. But this is too much permission
for my users.

This is a screenshot which shows the effective roles of the test user. The
three role mappings described above are set in a group and the test user is
member of this group.
[image: grafik.png]

Any tip on how to have the user access the admin console and only allow the
user to view clients and manage group membership?

Keycloak Server Version     4.8.3.Final

Thanks!