[keycloak-user] horizontally scaling keycloak cluster using a cluster farm on Cloud (AWS) -> any body tried out such a thing?

Madhu kkcmadhu at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 11:09:08 EDT 2019

Hi All,

Inorder to scale keycloak to handle about 2000 to 3000 realms i am thinking of running keycloak in a cluster farm..
something like have one keycloak cluster per 500 tenants  and manage  5 or 6 such keycloak clusters (a farm).
But , i want my end users to be totally unware of this .. they should just be talking to keycloak on single url  something like https://kecloak-yourserver/auth/realms/realm1/
Internally, i am planning  resolve realm-names to a specific farm.. e.g. realm1 -> keycloakCluster2, realmA-> keycloakCluster1 etc..

Any body out there tried such a thing on  Cloud (AWS) ?
if so, please share your experience/pain points..
This will go a long way in helping me scale keycloak horizontally in one of my prod deployments.
Madhu