[keycloak-user] Managing differents timeout between keycloak and application

cedric@couralet.eu cedric at couralet.eu
Fri Apr 12 07:12:48 EDT 2019

Hi,

When using keycloak-servlet-filter-adapter, we saw that the http session expires at the same time the keycloak sso idle timeout occurs.
Going through the code in OIDCSessionFilterStore, those lines seems to be the cause:
        // Refresh failed, so user is already logged out from keycloak. Cleanup and expire our session
        //log.fine("Cleanup and expire session " + httpSession.getId() + " after failed refresh");
        cleanSession(httpSession);
        httpSession.invalidate();

Is there a way to have different timeouts between the 2 ? We may want to keep the session alive in our app for longer than in keycloak (to be the same as the servlet container in our case).

Cédric