[keycloak-user] Keycloak Identity Broker to LDAP User Storage?

A. A. bland999 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 13 03:51:28 EDT 2019

After going thru KEYCLOAK-4433 in more detail, I better understood the nature of the "fix" (it's fair to call it less than optimal) and used it... and all is good.

Ideally we would not have to create the "hardcoded mapper", and instead commit all LDAP attributes in one transaction. Using a constraint on LDAP attributes for validation purposes means that we have to add these hardcoded mappers for each such attribute. Easily done ... but still.

One more gentle suggestion: though the tool tips that pop up try to yell "Only during registration", I did not notice them at first because the hardcoded mapper seems very straightforward so I ignored the tool tips entirely. That mapper would be better served if its name included something like "hardcoded-registration-only" (yes the name is long, but long names are especially useful for temporary solutions).

Sincere thanks to the Keycloak team: you help me make a living, and I cannot criticize your work except with the utmost humility.