[keycloak-user] [keycloak-dev] Custom account provider not working after upgrading to 4.8.3.Final

luke at code-house.org luke at code-house.org
Mon Apr 15 03:54:53 EDT 2019

How did you package your extension - as jboss module or regular JAR with jboss-deployment-descriptor.xml ?

I did lately similar exercise with 4.8.3 and login forms. You need to modify standalone.xml and set your provider as primary one while disabling default one:

            <spi name=“account">
                <default-provider>my-custom-provider</default-provider>
                <provider name="my-custom-provider" enabled="true"/>
                <provider name="freemarker" enabled="false"/>
            </spi>

My extension is packaged as JBoss module and registered via providers configuration:
        <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:keycloak-server:1.1">
            <web-context>ROOT</web-context>
            <providers>
                <provider>
                    module:org.code-house.keycloak.login
                </provider>

You can also try to drop your JAR (if not packaged as module) to ${keycloak.home}/providers directory.

Kind regards,
Łukasz
—
Code-House