[keycloak-user] Help setup SSL certificate on keycloak

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 10:36:51 EDT 2019

On 4/17/19 9:30 AM, Francesco Longo wrote:
> Goodmorning, I'm Francesco Longo and I'm a researcher at Links Foundation. I'trying to setup keycloak as authentication and authorization service for a European project and I have some problem setting up an SSL certificate.
>
> I find the way to use HTTPS in keycloak using docker (just run the docker image with the 8443 port mapping and it automatically create a self-signed certificate) but I'd like to put a valid SSL certificate because I get the error "self signed certificate" when I do some request to my keycloak protected server...
>
> I found your guide where it is explained how to put a certificate but it is not clear to me where it is necessary to put the keystore file and what file to edit or modify in order to have HTTPS.
>
> I'll be very gratefull if some of you could help me to solve my doubts.

The container doc explains it:
https://hub.docker.com/r/jboss/keycloak/

Setting up TLS(SSL)
Keycloak image allows you to specify both a private key and a
certificate for serving HTTPS. In that case you need to provide two files:

tls.crt - a certificate
tls.key - a private key
Those files need to be mounted in /etc/x509/https directory. The image
will automatically convert them into a Java keystore and reconfigure
Wildfly to use it.

--
John Dennis