[keycloak-user] HA mode with JDBC_PING shows warning in the logs after migration to 4.8.3 from 3.4.3

abhishek raghav abhi.raghav007 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 12:23:55 EDT 2019

Hi

After the migration of keycloak HA configurations from 3.4.3.Final to
4.8.3.Final, I am seeing some WARNINGS on one of the nodes of keycloak
immediately after the keycloak is started with 2 nodes. This occurs after
every time when the cluster is scaled up or whenever infinispan is trying
to update the cluster member list.
I am using JDBC_PING to achieve clustering in keycloak.

Below is the stacktrace -

2019-04-24 12:20:43,687 WARN
>> [org.infinispan.topology.ClusterTopologyManagerImpl]
>> (transport-thread--p18-t2) [dcidqdcosagent08] KEYCLOAK DEV 1.5.RC
>> ISPN000197: Error updating cluster member list:
>> org.infinispan.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: ISPN000476: Timed out
>> waiting for responses for request 1 from dcidqdcosagent02
>
>                   at
>> org.infinispan.remoting.transport.impl.MultiTargetRequest.onTimeout(MultiTargetRequest.java:167)
>
>                   at
>> org.infinispan.remoting.transport.AbstractRequest.call(AbstractRequest.java:87)
>
>                   at
>> org.infinispan.remoting.transport.AbstractRequest.call(AbstractRequest.java:22)
>
>                   at
>> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>
>                   at
>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
>
>                   at
>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>
>                   at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
>
>                   at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
>
>                   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
>
>                   Suppressed: org.infinispan.util.logging.TraceException
>
>                                     at
>> org.infinispan.remoting.transport.Transport.invokeRemotely(Transport.java:75)
>
>                                     at
>> org.infinispan.topology.ClusterTopologyManagerImpl.confirmMembersAvailable(ClusterTopologyManagerImpl.java:525)
>
>                                     at
>> org.infinispan.topology.ClusterTopologyManagerImpl.updateCacheMembers(ClusterTopologyManagerImpl.java:508)

Now after I searched, I really did not see anyone reported such error on
keycloak but there is similar bug reported in WILDLFY 14 and is categorized
as a blocker in WILDLFY 14.This bug is already fixed in WILDLFY 15.
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-10736?attachmentViewMode=list

Now since keycloak 4.8 is also based on WILDLFY 14, these WARNINGS could be
because of this blocker in WILDFLY 14.

What should I do to get rid this error. Is this really a problem in
keycloak 4.8.3.Final. Did anyone notice any such issue while running
keycloak 4.8.3 in HA mode.
Is there a workaround to fix this.

One more thing we noticed is - It is regarding a property in JDBC_PING
protocol we are using in our 3.4.3 setup i.e. "clear_table_on_view_change"
but it is no more supported in 4.8 version. and thus the JGROUPSPING table
is filled up with lot of stale entries. Is there a workaround to clear the
table after view change in 4.8 also.

Thanks
Abhishek