[keycloak-user] upgrade keycloak, elytron issue

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Apr 30 06:23:08 EDT 2019

Hi,

So we tried upgrading one release at the time.

We noticed that the elytron error occured at the migrate-standalone.cli
step from 4.3 -> 4.4. We decided to simply ignore the error, and launch
4.4 anyway, which worked fine. :-)

So it was probably just a warning, safe to ignore hopefully..

Continued upgrading, no problems until 4.6, which suddenly refuses to
load the mysql connector, using the *exact* same config (copied) from
all previous version.

Error upon keycloak launch:

> 11:53:44,860 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 28) WFLYCTL0013: Operation ("add") failed - address: ([
>     ("subsystem" => "datasources"),
>     ("jdbc-driver" => "mysql")
> ]) - failure description: "WFLYJCA0114: Failed to load datasource class: org.mysql.Driver"

Our module.xml and the mysql-connector-java-5.1.40-bin.jar worked on all
previous versions... We used the same standalone.xml as etc before. (in
fact: we copied the complete configuration dir, as stated in the upgrade
docs)

> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> <module xmlns="urn:jboss:module:1.3" name="org.mysql">
>
>     <resources>
>         <resource-root path="mysql-connector-java-5.1.40-bin.jar"/>
>     </resources>
>
>     <dependencies>
>         <module name="javax.api"/>
>         <module name="javax.transaction.api"/>
>     </dependencies>
> </module>

Any ideas whats up with keycloak 4.6 (and up) and the mysql connector?

(we are running debian 9 with mariadb btw, but this connector/config has
always worked for keycloak)

Tips?

MJ