[keycloak-user] IS there is Keycloak REST API for users

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Tue Aug 20 09:22:54 EDT 2019

For some features such as "reset password", we are providing
Application-Initiated Actions (AIA) instead of a REST API.  This is the
same as our Required Action feature, except that it is kicked off from
an application instead of via the login process.

The design document is here and Phase I is implemented in master, but
not yet documented:
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-community/blob/master/design/application-initiated-actions.md

So for reset password, you can now go to the following URL from your
application:

|../realms/myrealm/protocol/openid-connect/auth ?response_type=code
&client_id=myclient &redirect_uri=https://myclient.com
&kc_action=update_password|

The user resets the password and then is redirected back to your
application.

Will this suffice instead of a REST API?  I'd be interested to know if
there is a solid use case where AIA is not good enough.

Stan