[keycloak-user] Not able to extend User Storage SPI without changing Keycloak configuration files

David VS david.vsaraiva at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 08:01:45 EDT 2019

Goal:
Setup custom federation which extends ldap provider.

Question: What is the proper way to extend the ldap federation while adding
one more configuration input? (without changing internal keycloak files)

I followed the steps in
https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_development/index.html#_user-storage-spi
and specify my own provider and providerFactory,

In admin console, when trying to create the federation "custom-ldap", most
of the input fields do not have a label and some buttons like "Test
connection" are missing. The configuration property that I added and
customized has label/default value/tooltip.

If it is not possible to extend the form, is there an easy way how to
inherit the same UI form from the ldap federation page in my extension?

(Im new to keycloak, and do not have experience with Freemarker).

Thank you so much for your support,

David