[keycloak-user] The 'SAML Metadata IDPSSODescriptor' entry does not appear in the format option on the Keycloak SAML Client Installation tab.

jiojiojijo fjafajfdsojo ssmtpsendman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 09:42:47 EDT 2019

Hello,

I'm using Keycloak 4.8.3.Final now, and I'm trying to move to the Keycloak
6.0.1.
The Keycloak 6.0.1 works fine without any problems, but I have a problem
with the SAML client I set up to log in to the AWS web console.

The documentation on how to work with Keycloak and AWS tells me to download
metadata by selecting the 'SAML Metadata IDPSSODescriptor' item on the
Keycloak Installation tab.
-
https://blog.scandiweb.com/article/sign-in-to-amazon-aws-using-saml-protocol-and-keycloak-as-identity-provider

But I couldn't find 'SAML Metadata IDPSSODescriptor' format option in the
Keycloak Installation above 4.8.3 version. Only when I installed 4.8.3 I
was able to see 'SAML Metadata IDPSSODescriptor' format option.

Below is a screenshot showing the 'SAML Metadata IDPSSODescriptor' format
option in the Keycloak 4.8.3.Final.
This is good without any problem.

But please see the screenshot of Keycloak 6.0.1 below.
I couldn't find the SAML Metadata IDPSSODescriptor 'format option in that
Keycloak 6.0.1.

I made both versions of the Keycloak client setup the same but it works
like this. I repeated the installation several times and got the same
result.

How has metadata been changed in the next version of Keycloak 4.8.3.Final?
Please let me know if there is anything I can refer to.

Thanks.