[keycloak-user] Auth-Code-Flow over multiple microservices

bob sheknowdas bob.skd at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 27 05:14:26 EDT 2019

Hi,

I have a setup and a usecase that seems to be quite unique (according to my
google search effords).

I use a frontend consisting of pure java script (microservice 1).
Behind that runs a backend created with java spring boot (microservice 2).

To authenticate users I want to switch from the implict flow to the
auth-code-flow for additional security.
However, this additional security can not be achieved using a pure java
script client...

So I had the following idea:
Integrating the backend into the auth-code-flow of the frontend.
I was planing to let the request to the authorization-endpoint be handled
by the frontend alone, but than proxy the request to the token endpoint
through the backend (where the client secret is injected).

Does the keycloak spring-boot-adapter provide any useful functionality for
this usecase?
Is this a good idea in general?

I am thankful for any help or comment provided :)

Best
Bob