[keycloak-user] Unable to change login theme to other than base

Ana maria Jordan frasius at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 08:52:48 EDT 2019

Dear all.

We are testing Keycloak as SAML2 gateway to some both external and internal
systems we are to integrate with. We downloaded and configured Keycloak
server (standalone) version 6.0.1, created a new realm, and for the initial
tests add some clients running on Tomcat.

We are able to authenticate to those clients via SAML2 protocol, but the
problem is that I would like to configure the login page for them to be the
one provided by the corresponding realm theme, and get only the base
theme’s login page.

Did I misunderstand the documentation (3.6 Theme Selector -> “By default
the theme configured for the realm is used […]”)? Could any of you figure
out what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for the help. Best regards.