[keycloak-user] Is there a LTS version of Keycloak

Aaron Echols aechols at bfcsaz.com
Wed Aug 28 19:20:15 EDT 2019

You'd need to pay for RH SSO, which is the downstream version of Keycloak.
It's the stable version with the option of paid support. You can see more
here: https://access.redhat.com/products/red-hat-single-sign-on.

I handle upgrades by upgrading to odd versions. Since I'm on 5.0, I'll jump
to 7.0 next. I don't upgrade a lot, unless there is a real need in the next
version(s), ie, CVE's, new features, etc.

I do use Keycloak in production, it's been rock solid for us and is fast.
We handle about 5000 sessions without breaking a sweat. I have a two node
cluster setup, with a galera mariadb 3 node cluster on the backend. I also
setup a dev environment where I perform upgrades and test before releasing
into production. So far it's worked very well.
--
*Aaron Echols*