[keycloak-user] Role Mappings on Subsequent Logons

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Mon Feb 4 19:32:52 EST 2019

Hi Will,

The claims are in fact reevaluated upon subsequent logons, but only in the aspect of role revocation [1].

In other words, the role is revoked when the claim "disappears", but isn't granted should the claim "appear". It's trivial to fix; I think you could file a JIRA issue and maybe submit a PR. Meanwhile, you could implement and deploy your own custom IdentityProviderMapper containing the fix.

[1] https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/services/src/main/java/org/keycloak/broker/oidc/mappers/ClaimToRoleMapper.java#L108

Good luck,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro