[keycloak-user] Gatekeeper - Documentation

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Thu Feb 7 07:54:46 EST 2019

Hi Geoffrey, one of the greatest benefits of open source is the fact
that anyone can contribute to make the project better and also
understand how it works.

I cannot see anything more effective than this, because there's no need
to ask people to do it. In the worst case scenario, there's still
Jiras.

But if you have a better suggestion about how we can make it better, please
let us know.

On 2019-02-06, Geoffrey Cleaves wrote:
> In my experience, editing the documentation myself and making a pull
> request has been more effective in getting the docs up to date than asking
> the developers to do it. That being said, we can't do a very good job of
> updating the docs if we don't actually know all of the possible parameters
> and their function.
>
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 at 13:51, Andreas Wieland <
> andreas.wieland at ida-analytics.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi Keycloak Team,
> >
> > we just found out the hard way that not all possible parameters are
> > described in your online documentation.
> > We tried to use Gatekeeper as an Authorization Proxy but had problems with
> > redirections.
> >
> > After a lot of testing and fiddling we found the following parameter for
> > gatekeeper which helped:
> >
> > --base-uri value
> >
> > which helped our cause. If you start gatekeeper with the help flag it will
> > be part of the list.
> > But we used Gatekeeper with the docker image.
> >

> > Therefore, I would suggest to include a complete list of possible
> > parameters at the end of the online documentation.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >

> > Andreas Wieland
> > Software Entwickler
> >
> >  [cid:e491732f-2aef-4a9a-8d72-5145c61d358e]
> >
> > Intelligent Data Analytics GmbH & Co. KG
> >

> > c/o TechQuartier
> >
> > Platz der Einheit 2
> > 60327 Frankfurt
> >
> > Mobil: 015172834024
> >
> > Telefon: 06421/4805274
> > Telefax: 06421/4805275
> > E-Mail: andreas.wieland at ida-analytics.de
> >
> > Internet: www.ida-analytics.de
> >

> > Unternehmenssitz: Frankfurt am Main | Handelsregister beim Amtsgericht:
> > Frankfurt am Main, Registernummer: HRA 49357 | USt. ID-Nr.: DE310205810 |
> > Finanzamt: Frankfurt am Main
> >
> > Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: IDA Intelligent Data Analytics GmbH
> > | Sitz: Frankfurt am Main | Handelsregister beim Amtsgericht: Frankfurt am
> > Main | Handelsregister-Nummer: HRB 106805 | Geschäftsführer: Mohamed Ayadi,
> > Dipl.-Inf. Nils Björn Krugmann, Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Leinweber, Dipl.-Inf.
> > Marc Seidemann

> Regards,
> Geoffrey Cleaves

abstractj