[keycloak-user] Removing JaxrsBearerTokenFilter

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 04:20:44 EST 2019

Keycloak team things about removing JaxrsBearerTokenFilter.

Just to add some context, the JaxrsBearerTokenFilter is the "adapter",
which we have in the codebase and which allows to "secure" the JaxRS
Application by adding the JaxrsFilter, which implements our OIDC
adapter.This filter is not documented and we don't have any
examples/quickstarts of it. Hence it is not considered as officially
supported Keycloak feature. And you can probably always secure your
application through some other officially supported way (HTTP Servlet
filter or any of our other built-in adapters).

Anyway, if someone is aware of any reason why to not remove this filter
from Keycloak, please let me know, ideally by the Monday Feb 25th.

See some details in keycloak-dev thread "Removing JaxrsBearerTokenFilter" .

Thanks,