[keycloak-user] How to generate JWT token in Keycloak?

Amit Yadav amityadavk2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 05:43:41 EST 2019

Hi all,

There is an Endpoint to a backend server which gives a JSON response on
pinging and is protected by an Apigee Edge Proxy. Currently, this endpoint
has no security and we want to implement bearer only token authentication
for all the clients making the request.
Apigee Edge will be used to verify the JWT Token given by the user while
the end user makes a request to the API.

How do I use Keycloak to generate this JWT token?

Also, Apigee needs a "public key" of "the origin of the JWT token" (the
server which signed the JWT token, in this case, I believe that is
Keycloak).
So my second doubt is, while I use Keycloak to generate the JWT token, how
to get the public key using which the server will verify if the token is
valid?

Thank you all for your help in advance.

Kind regards,
Amit Yadav