[keycloak-user] Authentication with Kerberos and login screen fallback

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Thu Feb 28 15:42:17 EST 2019

Its unfortunately part of the spnego protocol: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSEQTP_liberty/com.ibm.websphere.wlp.doc/ae/cwlp_spnego.html

The server responds with a 401 and then the browser tries authenticating with Kerberos. The server has no idea if the client trusts it for Kerberos or not until after the 401 and then a negotiation is started.

Best bet would be to somehow configure it as one possible login button that a user could chose.

Thanks,
Kevin