[keycloak-user] Question regarding Token lifecycle in Keycloak

Prasad Kris prasus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:12:59 EDT 2019

Greetings,

We are using Keycloak as our OIDC IdP for the internal applications and
also for our kubernetes infrastructure, this setup is working great so far.

We have the Session Idle Timeout set to 7 days currently and the Session
Max Duration is set to 14 days and it works as expected for most of the
user's but few users are having issues and have reported that their session
is getting expired so fast. when checked in the admin UI, I see that
multiple active sessions from those user accounts, but they have been
presented with the login screen.

I checked the logs and other configurations but couldn't notice any issues,
so I believe that this has to do something in the user end as the settings
are working fine for the majority of the user accounts.. but would like to
know the root cause/more details first before coming to a conclusion.

I would appreciate if someone could guide me to grab more details which
will help to figure out the root cause of this issue,

Cheers