[keycloak-user] Not being prompted for x509 User Certs

JTK jonesy at sydow.org
Mon Jul 15 17:47:53 EDT 2019

I wanted to give an update which might help other users.

The first issue we had was related to the load balancer and to be specific
Amazon ELB.
I was under the impression it was set to be pass-thru, but instead it was
setup to do SSL termination.

After that was fixed, then I was getting prompted for certificates and I
was seeing logs, which I was happy with, even error logs, even better.
The next issue was related to when our PFX chain was imported into the
keystore. The issue was that PFX file had a different password than the
keystore in the standalone.xml configuration file.
After changing the password and re-importing it back it, that error logs
related to padding for the keystore were resolved. Basically error in
padding in our case = wrong password in the keystore.

The last issue was locating the correct RegEx for our instance. For us,
this worked:
User Identity Source: Subject Alternative Name
A regular expression to extract user identity :  RFC822Name=(.*?)(?:,|$)

A big shout out to Peter! Thanks for your assistance.