[keycloak-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: Trust between two standalone Keycloak Instances

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 10:14:54 EDT 2019

On 7/16/2019 1:26 PM, Aditya Bhole wrote:
> I understand that deploying 3 clients under one realm will easily enable SSO. Even if we keep the clients in different realms, cross-realm trust can be established. But the use case of our prototype wants the clients to be on different servers. I’ll try to explain as best as I can.
>
> Our company has 3 products deployed independently and these are managed by different administrators. Sometimes these have to be integrated with each other for seamless cross product experience at which time we would want SSO between the individual product UIs. We intend to use Keycloak as a broker for authentication and to achieve SSO. So that’s why I wanted to know if trust between two standalone Keycloak instances can be established.
>
> Also, if we deploy the domain controller, can there still be local settings on the different Keycloak instances?
>
> Thanks,
> Aditya
Yes, it can be done, but I still don't understand why you would want to
do it this way.  You can also establish trust between two realms on the
same server.  That way, you don't need multiple instances of Keycloak to
have the apps be fully walled off from each other.

That being said, I still don't understand why you wouldn't just do it
the easy way.  Are you saying that sometimes you want SSO and sometimes
you don't?  I must be missing something from your use case.

Lastly, the domain features of WildFly are just used to centrally manage
instances of the server.  These servers can be configured any way you
want.  I guess this depends on what you mean by "local settings".