[keycloak-user] Uncaught server error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/keycloak/services/validation/Validation

Bo.Y at dell.com Bo.Y at dell.com
Thu Jul 18 06:59:12 EDT 2019

Hi Experts,

When I follow https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/server_development/index.html#packaging-the-action step by step to do customize the validation in keycloak. After I throw my jar into standalone/deployment, it creates a deployed file and the log shows the jar is deployed.  I can found my execution in keycloak admin console which shows in the screen shot below. But when it comes to register page, after I click register button with my filled content I got exception in keycloak log file. I also checked `standalone.xml` and `jboss-deployment-structure.xml` which seems fine too which means it include "keycloak-services-4.7.0.Final.jar". I don't find any useful information in the search. So could anyone help to have a look please?

Keycloak  version:
    compile group: 'org.keycloak', name: 'keycloak-core', version: '4.7.0.Final'
    compile group: 'org.keycloak', name: 'keycloak-server-spi', version: '4.7.0.Final'
    compile group: 'org.keycloak', name: 'keycloak-server-spi-private', version: '4.7.0.Final'
    compile group: 'org.keycloak', name: 'keycloak-services', version: '4.7.0.Final'

[Screen Shot]
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D53D9A.DBB94DF0]

[Exception]
09:04:01,128 ERROR [org.keycloak.services.error.KeycloakErrorHandler] (default task-35) Uncaught server error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/keycloak/services/validation/Validation
               at com.xxxxxx.registerformcustom.validate(registerformcustom.java:51)
               at org.keycloak.authentication.FormAuthenticationFlow.processAction(FormAuthenticationFlow.java:214)
               at org.keycloak.authentication.DefaultAuthenticationFlow.processAction(DefaultAuthenticationFlow.java:97)
               at org.keycloak.authentication.AuthenticationProcessor.authenticationAction(AuthenticationProcessor.java:873)
               at org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.processFlow(LoginActionsService.java:292)
               at org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.processRegistration(LoginActionsService.java:627)
               at org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.registerRequest(LoginActionsService.java:681)
               at org.keycloak.services.resources.LoginActionsService.processRegister(LoginActionsService.java:661)
               at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1030.invoke(Unknown Source)
               at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Delegati