[keycloak-user] How to increase logging authenticating against remote IdP

BOOTH Stephen s.booth at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jul 19 08:47:01 EDT 2019

I'm trying to get keycloak to use an existing application
as an Idp by writing just enough oidc to allow keycloak to authenticate
but I'm having difficulty debugging as keycloak is not very informative
when its not happy with a response from the IdP

Pretty much the only info I'm getting is "Invalid Request"

  13:06:51,042 WARN  [org.keycloak.events] (default task-2)
type=IDENTITY_PROVIDER_LOGIN_ERROR, realmId=openidctest, clientId=null,
userId=null, ipAddress=127.0.0.1, error=invalidRequestMessage
13:06:51,042 ERROR
[org.keycloak.services.resources.IdentityBrokerService] (default task-2)
invalidRequestMessage

I can see my authorization token and userinfo endpoints being called
(userinfo is not called if I disable this in the keycloak settings)

Does anyone have any tips on how to get more debugging info out of
keycloak other than attaching a debugger and trying to single step through.

			Stephen

|epcc| Dr Stephen P Booth             Principal Architect       |epcc|
|epcc| s.booth at epcc.ed.ac.uk          Phone 0131 650 5746       |epcc|